Neomem® ECM | Processed porcine mesothelial tissue in sheet form
Neomem® ECM is an extracellular matrix in sheet form with a combination of strength and tissue regeneration properties with minimal antigens. Because Neomem® ECM is more than just collagen, the extra proteins support soft tissue healing and remodeling into natural tissue as the matrix is absorbed.
The Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is a three-dimensional network of extracellular macromolecules, such as collagen, enzymes, and glycoproteins.¹ ECM has been found to support regrowth and healing of tissue.²
Neomem ECM maintains it’s desirable structural characteristics for cellular proliferation, ideal for the following applications:
- Guided tissue regeneration procedures in periodontal defects
- Augmentation around implants
- Provides architecture and protection for bone regeneration and soft tissue aesthetics
- Alveolar ridge reconstruction for prosthetic treatment
1. David M Hoganson, Gwen E Owens, Elisabeth M O’Doherty, Chris M Bowley, Scott M Goldman, Dina O Harilal, Craig M Neville, Russell T Kronengold, Joseph P Vacanti. Preserved extracellular matrix components and retained biological activity in decellularized porcine mesothelium. Biomaterials. 2010 (27): 6934-40. | 2. Huleihel L, Hussey GS, Naranjo JD, Zhang L, Dziki JL, Turner NJ, Stolz DB, Badylak SF (June 2016). “Matrix-bound nanovesicles within ECM bioscaffolds”. Science Advances. 2 (6): e1600502. Bibcode:2016SciA....2E0502H. doi:10.1126/sciadv.1600502. PMC 4928894. PMID 27386584. “Pitt researchers solve mystery on how regenerative medicine works”. EurekAlert!. Retrieved 2017-03-01.